Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hmmm....

No wonder nobody reads this here blog....I only post 1 time a week. Lame!

Don't think I have stopped fighting the good fight! I am here. Clean Eating...Check! Working Out...Check! Busy Busy...Check! Still Working Towards the 2011 Goals...Check!!

I take pride in the fact that I am a problem solver. I haven't run more than 3 miles since the half. I am just feeling sooo out of shape and SO over the treadmill. However, getting outside to run is kind of hard right now. First, it is DARK out when I wake up(and would prefer to workout) and second, it is dark when I get home. Now I know people run in the dark all the time. It is just there has been 2 attacks on my running trail. Even worse, I know of 6 people being attacked on other running trails within a 20 mile radius. I DO NOT FEEL SAFE RUNNING IN THE DARK! I don't know what to do in this situation. I have pepper spray, but is that enough? Do I join Gold's Gym where they have cardio cinema to ease the treadmill boredom? What do you think? Any advice? The first thing I am going to hear is that I need a running buddy. Uh..yeah! That would rock if I had a buddy that would like to push and be pushed in return, but I don't. I have posted looking for running buddies on facebook, but everyone is flaky. I have been thinking about finding a running club, but I think they meet 1 or 2 times a week and I want to run 4 or 5. Or even buying my own treadmill.

Anyways...your advice is appreciated!

5 comments:

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie said...

Maybe go to running club a few times and find a running buddy there? I'm sure there's people in a club like that who like to be pushed a little and go running several times a week.

Hope you find something that works!

Julie @ HotlegsRunner said...

oh wow! be careful. Yeah it's best you get a running buddy OR...why don't you join a run club in you area =)

Corletta said...

Let me just say, if I lived near you, I WOULD BE YOUR RUNNING buddy!!! I feel your frustration. For that reason, I joined a gym. I love, love, love the workout buddies that I have there! Cardio cinema?!?!? DO IT!

Tricia said...

I LOVE Golds Cardio cinema. Its gotten me through a 15 and 18 mile run :)

Anonymous said...

I've been following your blog, but for some reasons I don't get updates. I think because I was following in google, so now I did it again in blogger!

You have some awesome goals in 2011! I can't wait to follow along. I like the idea of going to a run club. At least that is a couple days you can run with other people and maybe you will meet some people that you can run with at other times too. I really need to find a running buddy too! I want to run outside this winter, but I too don't like running alone and shouldn't!