Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Prepared

Thank you for all of the kind comments on my last post! I am doing okay, still having moments of horrible sadness, but that is to be expected.

I think had I still been who I was before this journey, I would be eating to get comfort and I am sure gaining quite a bit of weight. This time, it's just different. I eat right and exercise because I WANT TO! I want to feel the runner's high, I want to look good in my clothes, I want to have an outlet for my stress and mostly I want to live! I believe that me being on this journey has helped me deal with all of this stress going on in my life. I don't cry like I used to. I don't stress nearly as much as I used to. I laugh MORE than I used to. I love myself now! It's an amazing feeling and one I will never lose :)

Last night, I made chili. Now, it may not sound like a big deal, but the biggest meal I have ever made by myself was chicken and rice. So, chili is quite a big step! I used ground turkey, kidney beans, green peppers, onions, chili powder(Love's dads chili powder...seriously amazing), cumin, salt and pepper. Oh, and a little sugar(my mom's secret recipe). It sat in the crock pot for 9 hours and it smells sooooo good! I haven't tried it yet, but I am so excited to.

After starting the chili, I cut up an orange, yellow, green, and red pepper for snacks. I also cut up a cucumber. Today, I brought a little of each with some garlic artichoke hummus for my afternoon snack! I am loving this snack as an option. It's low cal and gets more veggies into my day :)

I am going on a 3.5 mile run today(didn't run saturday or sunday) after work and I am excited! I have "Dessa" on my iPod now and she makes the runs go by so quickly, I love it!

I will be catching up on my reading and commmenting through out the day! Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the love and hugs! You all make this rough time easier!

9 comments:

45+ and Aspiring said...

I love how happy you are with yourself! It's beautiful and infectious!

So sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I was particularly close to my dad's parents and still think of them almost every day. (They died 9 and 11 years ago.) I would be blessed if I can make such a long lasting positive loving impact on someone else's life like they did in mine. There is so much to be gained from unconditional love!

Take care,
Sandy

Tiff said...

Girl I feel you with chicken and rice being the fanciest meal you had ever made! I've actually been thinking about making some chili soon...hmm... maybe it's a sign :)

Previously Plump... in progress said...

Sorry to hear about gramps :( Glad you got to know him and have great memories of him.

Glad you're still on track and wating it more then ever - runners high is a great feeling, huh?

Salina Lyn said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. I lost my grandma a couple years ago. Death sucks. It's so great that you got close to him though. That'll last forever.

Keep up the amazing attitude and all the great things you're doing for yourself. You've come a long way for sure. :)

Xinabean.blogspot.com said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your grandpa's passing. ((*Big Hugs*))
I'm pretty close to my mom's parents and both are very sick right now. Grandmother is in the hospital and Grandpop is fighting cancer and expected to live about 6months. It's so hard letting go of the people we love. I'm glad that you sound so positive in your posts. Keep on running girl!

Syl said...

looks like you are back on track.
So sorry for your loss, you are in my thoughts.

Nikki Bond said...

So happy that you are happy with yourself. Such a great feeling, huh?? Congrats on the chili, sounds yummy!

Lisa said...

I cannot wait to hear about the chili! I love chili and the spicier the better :) You should post youre recipe, i would love to try it!

Missy said...

So sorry to hear this about this tough time in life - your in my thoughts and prayers.

Good for you making chili! It's easily one of my favorite go-to meals. Enjoy!