Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

And also a time when a lot of people fall off the wagon, myself included. I am terrible at portion control and I always have been! I didn't realize until recently that i'm an emotional eater. I have to keep asking myself am I really hungry or eating because i'm sad, stressed, angry, lonely, annoyed....you get the idea! It's a battle everyday right now. It wasn't as bad around Thanksgiving, but the past 2 weeks, I have next to NO motivation. It is tough, but I am staying storng and keeping up with it. I have fallen off and gotten back on the wagon in my life and i'm only 24! This time, it is just not happenin'!!!


The Fit Bride is having an awesome giveaway! Check it out, but don't enter because I really wanna win :) http://thefitbride.wordpress.com/2009/12/14/chobani-giveaway/#comment-831

How are you staying on track during the holiday season?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard for me to stay on track during the holidays.. So many parties and so many deserts around.. that's my weakness, deserts. I just keep telling myself that I can get through it and to keep trying. Also, for me.. I go straight to the mirror and look at my muffin top and be like, okay.. do you really need that cookie, LOL.

Lisa said...

I just joined ur site too :)I want to come over there right now and give you a huge hug! You are going to get through this and if you need to bring me along everywhere you go so be it! JK But I will be there in spirit. I have a few topics if you haven't seen already on portion control in October and it's called "To Measure or To Eyeball." You are actually right in line with one of my topics for tomorrow and that is that we are never perfection even at our goal weight, bad habits will alway resurface, it's how we face them :) Stay tuned girl I will get that up for you!

Lori said...

It is very hard, especially at this time of year. Have you checked out the Beck Diet book? It's great because you can use it with any eating plan you like and there are many great tips to help you get control of emotional eating.

rachaelgking said...

I'm NOT staying on track... at all. Ugh! I'm trying to work out to balance it but it's so hard.

Tricia said...

So far I'm on track! I keep telling myself this time of year isn't special because of all the yummy food, but instead is special because of the memories. :)

Missy said...

Wow! I am jealous (or motivated) by you. I want to be at 127 - that's my final goal weight!!!! I'd love to hear what you found that worked for you.

Tiff said...

Here's my plan:

When I'm feeling tempted to eat something that is unhealthy I simply refer to my "reasons I want to lose weight list" and it really does stop me when I ask myself if this cookie is really worth me not being able to live an extra ten years, etc.

I also chose to go to holiday events having already eaten a healthy meal so that I don't become starving and make an unhealthy choice.

Finally, at Christmas Eve and Christmas dinner I'm only going to eat the thinigs I really want to and not just take a little of everything because it's there.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I'm not worrying about it at all until January 1, 2010