Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Goals and Future Plans....

As far as the weight loss journey goes, I am still just maintaining. I weigh in tomorrow and don't know where exactly I am, but I still feel like I am 124-125. I have had very little exercise since the half marathon. I went from running and cross training 5-6 days a week to working  out maybe 1-3 times a week. I haven't felt driven to exercise and I lost my gym card. Excuses, excuses! I KNOW! However, I have maintained a lot of the clean eating I have been practicing and I don't just veg out all day like I did before my journey began. I have been constantly go go go since the half marathon. Now that things are slowing down, I have some goals and some future racing to look forward to and train for.

I have been thinking I want to do another half soon. So, I have decided on a local Utah canyon to canyon 1/2 marathon on July 10. It is in 8 weeks and I feel if I kick it up a notch I can PR this race. Although, there are plenty of rolling hills so I can't wait to get outside and train on some of the hills in my area. Practice makes perfect, right? ;) Oh, and did I mention the entry fee is $25. Unbelievable!

I will also be running a 10k with my bestie in October. It is a women's love your body 10k. I love my body now and it will be just 14 months into when my journey started, so why not?

Onto some of my personal goals:
Goal #1: Get this here blog designed all sorts of beautiful and BLOG more. I have been truly slacking, but I love writing so I need to get it into my routine again!
Goal #2: Get my booty to goal! I want to weigh 110. Mind you, I am 4'11'' tall. I carry all of my weight in my lower abs/lovehandles. So, I just need to work on that area a little more.
Goal #3: Use the yoga videos on my Netflix. There are tons and on my stretch & strengthen days, I am going to  start doing the yoga videos!
Goal #4: Exercise at least 5 days a week.
Goal #5: Get a Personal Record in my next half marathon. Shooting for under 2 hours and 15 minutes. Just over a minute faster.

Next I need to have a plan to follow through with these. I am still working on it, but will go into more detail on that another day :)

I hope you are all having a great week so far! Happy Hump Day!!

2 comments:

Corletta said...

4"11?!?!? You're a little thing! Girl...I would totally run a half that was only 25 bucks!! That's great. To be honest, the one of the reasons I don't enter more races. They sure to add up :)

lyricgirl said...

Great goals! If your gym offers spin/cycling classes that will help with your love-handles. I have a friend that is 4'11 and she has the same problem. She started spinning 2 days a week for 45 minutes and her love-handles and thighs are very slim. She is also a runner but that was not doing the job. Good luck on your K-runs and don't forget to have fun. I have been the excuse queen for the past 3 months and that has gotten me nowhere fast.