Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

Run, Tiffi, Run...

I don't think i've ever posted my name before, it's Tiffani...with an "I".

Anyways, the new shoes are perfect!! I ran my fastest mile last night since starting the training program! The second mile was a lot slower, but it was my first "tempo" run ever. So, I was exhausted by lap 7. Overall actually, last night was my fastest 2 mile run. I did it in 22 minutes :) I hope to get that into the under 20 min range soon. I want to be running an 8 or 9 minute mile. I do understand that I am a slow runner, I always have been, but now I have the tools to make myself faster(new shoes, researched being a faster runner lol).

I did skip "The Shred" last night! We're getting ready for "Reef Tour" which starts tomorrow. I'll have a lot of free time tomorrow to tell you what it's about, but this week has been clean, clean, clean, and scrub, scrub, scrub.

Have a nice day, y'all.

3 comments:

Jogging Auburn said...

Way to go, girl! I'm a slow runner myself; back when I played tennis in college, my coach used to tell me I ran like a freight train: slow to start, steady once I'm going, but never goes anything you'd ever call "fast."

So way to go on the fastest mile ever!! Keep up the great work!!

sharongracepjs said...

Hey, cleaning and scrubbing is a work out, too!

I'm also a slow runner - about the same pace as yours. I'd love to get faster so be sure to blog about what works for you!

And thanks for being so supportive on my blog today :D

Syl said...

the most amazing feeling is when you have a strong run, no matter time or distance, you just feel stronger. Keep up the great work!