Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Protein!

When we were at Lowe's I spotted the Hungry Girl 200 under 200 cookbook and grabbed up the last copy :) I am so excited to get cookin'!

After Lowe's and a quick stop to get Love a new phone, we went to the local market last night(which is the closest thing I have to a Whole Foods(until next January!!!!)) here in my spot in the US! I picked up some Jay Robb Protein powder packets to try, a suggestion from a "Flat Belly" book of some sort, as I ran out of protein this weekend. The Verdict? Loved it. I added the pouch to my greek yogurt(which next time will be added to something different as the serving size is HUGE!) and it was tasty. My only problem with greek yogurt is the consistency, it's not creamy but rather more chunky and I do not like that. The protein made it so good though for some reason! The kicker was that my breakfast had 38 grams of protein and I read that the average person should have 45g of protein a day. I am excited to go pick up the bigger bottle of protein to have on hand!

I did my first official tempo run today and it was hard, but I killed it. I ran 10 minutes at a 11:19 pace and then 15 minutes at a 10:06 pace. Mentally, I am working on the continuous running. It's hard, because often times, my brain wants to stop when my body wants to continue. I will continuously work on that.

I realized last week and even last night that I have no idea what portion control is, so I pulled out my best buds....the measuring spoons, measuring cups, and my biggest loser scale :). I measured everything for my dinner.

I had 4 oz. chicken
2 cups salad
2 tbsp mango vinagarette dressing
1 cup of broccoli with a sprinkle of cheese

Desert consisted of 1/2 cup peppermint ice cream and vita top chocolate

Today's eats:
Breakfast-1 Chobani Pineapple Yogurt w/ 1/4 cup granola & protein pouch
Lunch-11 oz. shrimp, 2 rings of pineapple, 2 tbsp teriyaki pineapple sauce. All over 1/2 cup jasmine rice. Salad on the side!

I am counting calories starting today. It's time to find new solutions for me, as I know I haven't done the best that I know I can!

7 comments:

Nikki Bond said...

They had the hungry girl book at lowes?!?!

if so, that is awesome...we hungry girls are taking over the world!! :)

Katie J ♥ said...

Great job on the run!

Portion control was a big hurdle for me. I actually posted a chart on my fridge that showed the "normal" portion size like your meat should be the size of a deck of cards. A cheese serving is 3 dice etc. It helped me a lot.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the remodel pictures!

Tiff said...

That's funny that they had teh HG cook book at Lowe's! Stay away from the Shiritaki :) lol

Anonymous said...

Portion control is tough but once you get it, you will be golden! A trick I use is, when ordering out, put away half in a to-go box as soon as the meal comes. It really does help. Out of sight, out of mind and the bonus is two meals for the price of one!

I did my first tri on August 17 2008 :) Must be a great date.

Tricia said...

I love home improvement projects!

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.